Canadian Visa Medical
1. Booking Information
For Canadian Visa Assessments, customers will need to make a booking by calling our contact centre on 1300 794 919.
Appointment times are available for up to 5 business days in advance. Our contact centre operates Monday to Friday (closed national public holidays). For opening hours, please refer to the Locations.
Payments for visa assessment appointments can be made when booking though our Contact Centre, or on the day of your appointment, using American Express, MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS via a debit card. Cash is not accepted.
Change or cancel
You may change or cancel your visa medical appointment by contacting our contact centre on 1300 794 919.Back to top
2. What to expect on the day
Please arrive on time and allow up to two (2) hours for your appointment.
Please note: Friends and family are not permitted to accompany you during your immigration health examination, however children under 16 may be accompanied by a parent or an adult guardian. Should a chaperone or interpreter be required, Bupa Medical Visa Services will provide this on the day.
You do not need to fast.
You will need to bring:
• Valid original passport
If the applicant's passport is not available, the following identity documents are accepted (plus, if available, a photocopy of your passport's biopage, preferably in colour):
o National Photo ID card
o Seaman's book
o Refugee travel document
o Red Cross Travel Document
o UN Laissez-passer
o QAS travel document
For children/students who do not have one of the identity documents listed above, the following may be presented:
IMPORTANT: The accompanying parent/guardian/close relative MUST present one of the identity documents listed above.
o Birth certificate and/or School/College/University ID of the child/student
• Medical Instruction from the Canadian Embassy (e.g. Embassy Form IMM1017) showing the IME number, if available
• For Upfront Medical examinations - general instructions from the CIC website identifying you as being eligible to do an Upfront Medical examination
• Prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them.
• Information about any prescription medication that you take.
• Copies of medical reports about any current or previous medical condition(s).Back to top
Medical Centre locations for Canadian visa assessment appointments (A map of Australia with the locations will be included on the Australian website). Please make a booking prior to visiting the Medical Centre.
4. Price list
* Additional fees and charges may apply if the doctor requests further tests, procedures or pathology.Back to top