Bupa Health Insurance
Bupa cares for over 22 million members in 190 countries, including more than four million people in Australia and New Zealand.
Already a Bupa customer?
Switch to Bupa today
If you’d like to hear about Bupa
health cover, click below and we’ll
call you to discuss the cover to suit
your needs. Switching is easy and
you won’t have to reserve any
Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEDT
range of products by visiting our
Benefits of private health insurance for people on working or student visas:
• Meet visa requirements – to be 100% sure you comply with the Australian government’s insurance requirements
• Protect yourself from the unexpected – if the unexpected happens during your stay, you can be covered for treatments and medical care
• Convenience – Get peace of mind by choosing your doctor, plus where and when you’d like to be treated
• Extras cover – choose from a wide range of services including dental, optical, physio and chiro
There are also products available which can cover you for:
• ambulance transport and treatment
• repatriation cover, which helps to cover the costs of returning you to your country of origin.
Benefits of private health insurance for permanent residents and new Australian citizens
Australian citizens and permanent residents are not required by law to have private health insurance. However, there are numerous benefits to remaining maintaining health insurance:
• Tax benefits - by having appropriate health insurance, Australian citizens and permanent residents who earn more than $90,000 per year (or $180,000 for families) can avoid paying the Medicare Levy Surcharge of between 1 – 1.5% of their income. Depending on your circumstances, this could equate a saving of at least $900 per year (or $1800 for families)
• Get treated sooner by going to a private hospital
• Choosing the hospital you go to and which doctor you are treated by
• Your choice of specialist and even where you’d like to be treated
• Ambulance cover
• Enjoy the benefits of being able to claim for most Extras including dental, optical, physio and chiro.
For more information on taking out Bupa private health insurance, get us to call you back. If you are already a Bupa member and would like to discuss your health insurance needs, call us on 134 135 from within Australia, or +61 3 9487 6400 from outside Australia.
Alternatively, you can view our full range of products by visiting our website bupa.com.au/overseas.